Friday, 8 August 2008

The End....

The course is now over, so what have I learned?
I've learnt not to get too stressed over my histograms, they obviously vary according to what you are shooting and some that have loads of peaks are often my faves. I have set the camera playback to show the histograms now so I have a rough idea of whats going on.
I now how aperture and shutter speed will affect the final shot and I am so pleased I bought a 50mm prime lens for those fabby DOF shots (just need to keep the kids still for long enough to get a decent shot of them).
I had trouble with the reflection shots, lots and lots of blurry ones were discarded but I am really pleased with the ones taken from the car window.
I will carry on with my quest to take a shot of a newborn baby's feet, luckily a friend is due any day and my SIL is due after Christmas so I might get that shot! I love playing around with pics in PSP and have added selective colour to a few in the past.
Another great course from the wonderful CJ, I have learnt heaps from this and from PWL. Heres to the next course!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the histograms, and I have also learnt not to be scared of manual either!

Unknown said...

Totally agree.

Wee Hels said...

I agree with you on the histograms but not the way my camera operates on manual I cant control the exposure boo hoo!

knitkath said...

Have enjoyed looking at your blog, and you have taken some fab photos, well done!

CJ said...

i've enjoyed looking at yr work.

think you've got to grips with that camera of yr - beware the prime lens addiction lol

good luck with the newborns - hard work but totally worth it when you get those killer shots that move the parents to tears.